Day and overnight camps
Upon arrival at camp each player is observed so that players of similar levels are grouped together. Each group of students is assigned to an instructor who will work with the group as a whole and also with each individual. In this way, the player benefits from his individual coaching and also from general comments made to other players in his group.
Camp 1 -3 : First training session begins at 8:30 am for day and overnight campers.
During the week campers receive the following:
- five to six hours of daily instruction on the courts
- instruction on stroke production and proper shot execution
- drill situations to improve singles and doubles
- time set aside for competition, free tennis, and playing with instructors
- discussions on tennis strategy and match play
Check-in and Check-out times:
Check-in: 7:00-8:15 am at the dorms
Check-out: 5:00 pm at the dorms
Sample Daily Schedule
8:15-8:30 am Warm-up/stretch
8:30-10:00 am Academy style training
10:10-10:15 am Break
10:15-11:30 am Games/Competitive play
11:30-12:15 pm Lunch
12:15-1:15 pm Rest Period (dorms)
1:15-2:00 pm Classroom session
2:00-3:30 pm Academy style training
3:30-3:45 pm Break
3:45-5:00 pm Games/Competitive play
5:15-6:00 pm Dinner
6:30-8:00 pm Evening Program
10:00 pm Lights out
Campers are supervised by our staff 24 hours a day, during all tennis and non-tennis activities. Counselors sleep in the dorms, eat meals and participate in evening activities with campers. Our counselor to camper ratio of one to five facilitates effective supervision and teaching.
Camp 1 – 3 :
- All players are to report to the Tennis Dorms at Davidson College on Monday from 7-8:15 am. More information regarding check in will be emailed. First training session is at 8:30m after registration for day and overnight campers
- Camp will end at 5 pm with lunch being the last meal served.
- Transportatioin service will be available to and from the airport upon request.
Elite Prospect Camp
Elite Prospect camp is designed for boys and girls that are considering playing college tennis at the NCAA Division I, Divisioin II or Division III level. All aspects of the the game will be touched upon with a high focus on the collegiate experience. This program is designed for students sophomore, junior, and senior year in high school. The camp will cover technical and tactical aspects of the game along with match play.
Camp begins at 6pm Friday evening and will end at 11:30am Sunday
More information to come!